The FUEL Encyclopedia
- 2016-Jul-05 After 2+ years of hair-pulling, frustrating work, I've posted my modified FUEL shader graphics files to ModDB, called FUEL: RESHADED. (And before you ask, yes, the name is a take on Vetron's "FUEL: REFUELED" mod name. I thought it was fitting for a new major FUEL mod to be named in similar fashion for consistency). The shader files have code corrections, optimizations, tweaks, plus new features (eg: rain makes objects look wet, anti-aliasing, darker nights, etc, etc). To call this a "labor of love" is an understatement, because working on them using only FUEL's built-in shader compiler (that doesn't spit out what caused compilation issue when it blows up) was a bit of a masochistic nightmare over the past few years. I screwed up the code so bad one time I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't compile and had to throw out months worth of work and start from scratch again. That can put a damper on someone's enthusiasm. But, I worked on them again, got better about backing up my work, testing, spotting errors, and stuck with it. Why? Because FUEL is one of the best joy-ride simulators I've ever played, and I love firing it up just to have fun every now and then. So, I wanted it to be as nice-looking and run the best as possible. Happyhamster
- 2015-Aug-03 For PC / Steam Users, FUEL works with Windows 10. However, not with the default Games For Windows Live (GFWL) that comes with it. Instead you have to download / install the GFWL version on Microsoft's site. Didn't need to tweak anything else, so I guess that's better then it not working at all. Going to comment more on this in the Game Setup section. Happyhamster
- 2015-Jul-28 Found a way to Skip Setup Launcher, that way you can start the game directly instead of wasting time seeing that stupid thing pop up just to press "Play". I spend some free time reworking the FUEL shader files to see if I can make the game look and run better, and quite frankly seeing the launcher for the millionth time got annoying. Happyhamster
- 2015-Mar-27 You can use your ATI / Nvidia graphic card control panel to do Advanced Graphics Setup. FUEL's setup loader has options for AA, Anisotropic, etc that don't work. Your gfx card can force that stuff on through it's own control panel, though. Your results may vary, but it's better then nothing. Happyhamster
- 2015-Mar-25 Cap FPS to Optimize Performance on newer graphics cards, otherwise their high FPS output will cause wonky stuff (eg: mystery trucks, dopplers and mavericks move ridiculously fast in the distance, overall vehicle performance degrades making some vehicles unuseable, etc). This is easily done by using your gfx card's control panel to force Vsync on when playing FUEL. (This caps the FPS to your monitor's refresh rate, usually 60). Happyhamster
- 2015-Mar-10 Found a way to unlock hidden developer races. This adds 2500+ more races to the game. It's basically a huge catalog of Race Editor races the devs created to test things. Easy to unlock, so give them a shot. Happyhamster
- 2014-Mar-06 Found this wikia, and decided to update various things. Hopefully it doesn't come across as anal-retentive. Happyhamster
- 2014-Mar-06 Cardesigner uploaded some really great screen-caps of various zones, and posted them to the zone pages.
- 2014-Mar-05 Games For Windows Live (GFWL) retires July 2014. Codemasters patched it out of some of their games, but not FUEL. If you already own it on Steam you'll need to do some tweaking to get it going. They pulled it from the Steam store, so only way to get it now is if someone swaps it to you via Steam, or you buy a used game / console CD.
- 2010-Sep-09 Courtesy of AEon the wiki now features an extensive FAQ: The FUEL FAQ.
- 2010-Aug-30 Wiki is getting a complete overhaul by AEon, this includes layout updates for all pages, data correction, new expanded content, and spiffy cut-out images for all vehicles.
- 2010-May-25 New setup page added with info how to run the game with 3 monitors or without motion blur.
- 2009-Aug-20 Jgr9 added an improved world map and a link to his "Google Map" version... and updated the update news. Am I the only one who is going to update this now? :(
- 2009-Jun-14 Between Tullen666, Carbs91 and myself we have added more info on vehicles and the cities, Keep up the good work guys!
- 2009-Jun-12 What some free gear? Well try our Bonus Codes page
- 2009-Jun-12 Achievements page has been added including the 4 secret achievements
- 2009-Jun-10 I have added a city template so all the cities now have a page, but not all of them have the correct/info on them yet.
- 2009-Jun-07 — Fuel Wiki is born, the site might have lots missing for the moment, but give it time and this place should be full of all the info you need and more.